A letter to the people of the village
Xin Village Public Security Bureau during the prevention and treatment of new coronavirus
To all the people of Xin Village:
The epidemic of new coronavirus pneumonia has affected the hearts of all people in the country for several days. The epidemic is the command, and prevention and control is our responsibility. The law must not be absent in the special battle against the new coronavirus throughout the country.
On January 24, our province initiated a Class one emergency response to public health emergencies. In order to fully prevent and control the epidemic, maintain the health and life safety of the broad masses of the people, and maintain a stable social order in the county, our bureau, and relevant departments will focus on cracking down on the following illegal and criminal acts during and after the epidemic prevention and control:
1. If fever or other symptoms occur, a person suspected of infection refuses to undergo quarantine, compulsory quarantine or treatment, or refuses to implement infectious disease prevention and control measures, suspected of impeding the prevention and control of infectious diseases, will be sentenced to fixed-term up to three years imprisonment or detention; if the consequences are particularly serious, Imprisoned for three to seven years. If the circumstances are minor and do not constitute a crime, administrative detention shall be imposed.
2. Persons returning from key prevention and control areas and those who have been in close contact with them, who do not obey the control and flee without authorization, are suspected of negligently endangering public safety by dangerous means will be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of more than three years and less than seven years. For the lighter plot, Imprisonment or detention of up to three years. Knowing that you are infected with a new coronavirus or suspected of having symptoms of viral infection, escaping from control, intentionally spreading it, or failing to cooperate with epidemiological investigations and refusing to provide real contact with people or action track information to endanger public safety, it is suspected of using dangerous methods. The crime of endangering public safety shall be punished by a term of imprisonment of three to seven years; if it has caused serious consequences, it shall be imprisoned of more than ten years, life imprisonment or death. If the circumstances are minor and do not constitute a crime, administrative detention shall be imposed.
3. Violence and threats to prevent preventive and control measures such as epidemic prevention, quarantine, compulsory quarantine, and quarantine treatment for the prevention and control of sudden infectious disease epidemics, etc., are suspected of obstructing public service and sentenced to imprisonment of not more than three years, detention, Regulations or fines.
4. The fabrication of false or terrorist information related to disasters such as epidemics, or the intentional dissemination of such false or terrorist information knowingly fabricated, seriously disrupts the social order, and is suspected of constituting the crime of fabricating or intentionally disseminating false terrorist information. Seven years in prison. If it does not constitute a crime, he shall be detained for more than five days and less than ten days and may be fined up to 500 yuan.
5. Violation of state regulations on market operations and price management during disasters such as the prevention and control of sudden infectious disease epidemics, driving up prices, making huge profits, and severely disrupting market order, the market supervision department shall be fined; the amount of illegal income is relatively large Or if there are other serious circumstances, disrupting the market order, and the circumstances seriously constitute a crime, they shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment up to five years or detained, and they shall be fined one time and up to five times the fine of the illegal income;
In serious cases, they shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of more than five years and fines of one to five times the illegal gains or confiscation of their property.
6. Anyone who refuse to obey the decisions and commands issued by the people’s government under state of emergency in accordance with the law, anyone who obstructs government officials in executing their legal duties, anyone who obstructs the safe passage of fire engines, ambulances, emergency engineering vehicles and other vehicles, anyone who forcefully cross police lines or other acts that violates public security mandates, will be given warnings or fined for 200 yuan or less, and in cases of severity, detained for no less than 5 days and no more than 10 days and can be in conjunction, fined for no more than 500 yuan.
7. During times of epidemic prevention and control and other disasters, beating smashing and looting in groups leading to physical injury and death, intentional assault and manslaughter will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Everyone is equal in front of the law, even for people who are suspected to be infected by the novel corona viral pneumonia or even confirmed infectees. Any action in the present that disregards the law or moments of uncontrolled rage will be met with punishment by the law in the future.
Of course, no one wants to be infected. If one were to be unlucky and become an infectee of the novel coronavirus, emotional turmoil or depression is expected. But this is the time to be strong and face the disease with determination. Be proactive and contact the disease control departments and report your condition, cooperate with medical providers to get tested and treated. Practice self-quarantine to reduce the chances of infecting other people. This is the behavior of a responsible, good-hearted, moral and law-abiding citizen. This is taking real responsibility for oneself and one’s family and society. But, if one were to give up and live in despair, refuse to cooperate or throw away morals and take it out on society, he will not be accepted by society, history will be the judge. Even if he is fully recovered in the future, he will be met with jail time.
In the face of this epidemic, everyone is vulnerable. In this smokeless war, we hope that everyone will obey the law and be cooperative with the measures passed and report any illegal activities, and stand against crime. We should not let criminals take advantage of the situation and disrupt our disease control efforts. We also need to recognize a citizen’s responsibility when it comes to private property commandeering, loss of personal property, personnel mobilization, limitation of personal freedom and follow instructions for evacuation, quarantine, and blockade. Actively cooperate with government officials to execute the measures for disease prevention and control and contribute your part in this fight.
Quarantine the virus, but we will not quarantine our love. United we are a fortress, together we will fight this disease. There is nothing that will break us.
When faced with epidemic and illegal activity, the people’s police force will not back down!
Xin County Public Security Department
January 28, 2020.