1).As a young man who cares about the situation in Hong Kong; on hearing the pass of (Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act) in US Senate via unanimous consent and shall become an official decree after President Trump’s official signature; tears burst out of my eyes. This is a strong support for millions of Hong Kong people who have been fighting for their rights. They have never surrender to CCPs violence and terror. This time, the United States has also demonstrated its determination to defend democracy and freedom through practical actions to the entire world. This is such a great encouragement to the people of the world who care about Hong Kong! As one of the post 90s who has witnessed Hong Kong’s handover to China in 1997, I would like to share my views on Hong Kong’s democratic movement.
2). Influenced by CCP’s distorted propaganda, at first, I did not think that the ups and downs in Hong Kong had anything to do with me, in our minds, Hong Kong behaved exactly like a “spoiled child”: the Seven first parade in 2003, the umbrella revolution in 2014 and the Mong Kok revolution in 2016 have all shown the “restlessness” of the “pearl of orient”. However, the spring thunder of the Revolution Expose woke me up, and I started to understand that Hong Kong compatriots were not born to be “restless,” they were sending out refusals to CCP by saying: “I do not want to be slaves under your rule.” That is why they swore to defend the dignified lifestyle that they have cherished for so long: “freedom of faith, freedom of expression, freedom from fear, and freedom to pursue happiness” . I was deeply shocked by their selflessness, fearlessness, and their willingness to self-sacrifice in defense of Hong Kong’s core value.
3) But these were exactly “the things” that the CCP was trying to deprive of Hong Kong People ever since the handover in 1997. It is done through various gimmicks, could be “patriotism,” could be “decolonization,” could be “national character reshaping,” etc. We see “Article 23” as a complete erosion of the human rights and freedom that Hong Kong originally had, whereas the “August 31st Framework” was hastily fabricated to suffocate the “true universal suffrage” demands from Hong Kong compatriots. On June 9th 2019, before the passing of the “Extradition Law” that will both destroy the principle of “one country, two systems” and ruin “the rule of law” as the cornerstone of Hong Kong society, more than 1 million Hong Kong compatriots marched onto the streets; June 15th witnessed another demonstration with over 2 million participants; and then you have started the greatest struggle ever in modern history, you are expressing your demands in the airports, in the squares, on the streets, and in the transportations, you have been persistent for almost six months and this great movement is still going on. People all around the world have seen your determination, wisdom, unity, order-keeping, peace, and rationality. This is “Hong Kong spirit,” and you have won respect from the entire world.
4) You have shown the great power of the people. And CCP is afraid of that. In the face of the fake police who are armed to the teeth, you have never retreated. Many of you have been injured and even killed by the fake police, but you never give up. Especially those young people who are just like us, you are in the best of your age, you ought to be with your family and your loved ones, you ought to enjoy the comfortable life as we do; however, to defend the dignity as a human being, and in order not to become slaves begging for food at the foot of CCP; hand in hand, you marched onto the streets; you have been smeared as “riots” by the official media, you have been threatened by the mafia with sticks in hands, and you have been beaten by the fake policemen; but you never retreat. You have never let your faith obliterated by CCP’s education; you have never let your backbones bend to CCP’s violence; your persistence and courage have touched so many people! I admire you from the bottom of my heart! Through you, the entire world has seen the backbone of the Chinese people, and the best spirts of the Chinese nation: “Braveness, perseverance, defiance of suppression and defense of faith without hesitations.”
5) My dear Hong Kong compatriots, I want to remind you that your struggle have not just waken up the entire chinese nation, but all those who support freedom and democracy, regardless of their color and races. Moreover, your struggle have waken up people who are still living under CCP’s evil rule, and motivates so many overseas Chinese people to participate into this struggle against CCP’s totalitarian rule. Your actions have substantially undermined CCP’s rule, you are the best of the Chinese people, we are so proud of you! There is no reason not to support your fight against totalitarianism.
6) In the end, here is what I want to say to Hong Kong compatriots:
You are backed by the entire 1.4 billion Chinese people awakened by the revolution expose!
Behind you, there are countless mainlanders and overseas Chinese with consciences in mind, they have suffered what you have gone through, they understand your situation with empathy.
You are not alone!
Remember, the CCP is in its final madness. Please hold on! Do not get discouraged! And do not give up! “The justice may be late, but democracy shall definitely prevail”
7) We will always pray for you. Our hearts will always be with you! Glory shall definitely come back to Hong Kong！