Author: GM15. Translator: VOG-SenSpirit
CCP media and the fake media in America are trying to delude the people from coronavirus with flu. They are trying to shape an image that CCP has little responsibility for the humanitarian crisis in China. As Mr. Bannon says, ‘Propaganda Media only says positive stories on the CCP.’
But, what is going on with all the news about the flu in the U.S.?
1. The data is genuine. The data released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that 10,000 to 20,000 people die each year from flu in the U.S.
2. Flu-caused death figures in the U.S. are based on the primary disease rather than a fatal disease. Most of these 10,000 to 20,000 people were patients who had serious chronic diseases (cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, etc.) or who were frail and elderly. The flu simply induced and aggravated their existing physical illness, which caused complications that led to death. The flu was not the direct cause of death.
3. The flu is a common disease that affects tens of millions of people in the U.S. each year. Even with this statistic, the death rate is still less than one in a thousand.
4. The flu is completely incomparable to the novel coronavirus. The flu can be controlled and prevented; most people with normal flu can be cured.
5. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publishes the latest national flu data charts each week, as well as forecasts analyses of future flu trends. Each year, it releases detailed data reports, explains data sources, clarifies statistical methods, predicts model assumptions, etc. This has been done for decades, and all data is made accessible to the public on the Internet, so anyone can download it.
6. China still has no official flu data released. However, this does not prove that the flu in China would not cause death or fewer deaths! Because this kind of information is opaque to the public, the only clue that can be related to, so far, is from an article in the authoritative medical journal, The Lancet, last year. It had estimated that flu-caused deaths in China would be close to 90,000 people each year.
7. The editor of this news, in the Chinese edition, is lacking the most basic media literacy. They only report on the flu data in the U.S., whereas they should also include the Chinese data to give readers a complete picture of the situation. Flu viruses are found all over the world. In China, even despite slogans like “don’t forget your original intention”, and “keep in mind the mission”, the flu virus will still be transmitted, and the disease will still need to be treated. They should not make it sound like the Chinese version of the flu virus only listens to the party leaders’ commands and does not cause any trouble.
8. The flu season in the U.S. happens at about the same time every year. There are not any related reports from Chinese media from previous years, but they are everywhere this year. What do you think of this?